Sierentz County - Brinckheim


The mill

History
The village of Brinckheim was first referenced in 1194 under the denomination of Brunkehen. Forming part of the possessions of the Hapsburgs and later the stronghold of Austrian Baillage of Landser, the village was enfeoffed in the 17th century to the Baden, about 1700 to Schenk of Castell, and 1732 during the Great Revolution to the Anthès.
Evacuated to the Landes in 1939-1940, the village was liberated on November 19, 1944 by a unit of tanks of Lieutenant Jean de Loisy.

Ancienne borne de Brinckheim
Old landmark of Brinckheim
The village today
At the centre of the village, the beautiful mill attracts attention: it is an exceptional house of the first half of the 18th century. Additionally there are in Brinckheim some beautiful farms representative of stud-work architecture of this part of Sundgau, especially the restaurant "Au Tilleul" of 1686, which was the Town hall-School from 1850 to 1928.
At the entry of the village, one can see a grinding stone dating back from 1597.


Old restaurant Au Tilleul

Brinckheim - L'église
The church of Brinckheim
Church and Presbytery
Brinkheim was a subsidiary of Kappelen site of the Mother Church of Stetten. In the parish set up in 1705, the church was consecrated in July 1724 by Jean Christophe Haus, suffragan bishop of Basle. Following a strong population increase in the 19th century, the small sanctuary was enlarged in 1867.
The old presbytery built in 1900 became the town hall in 1994.

Craftsmen / Shops / Companies Téléphone Fax
Baschung - Elevage Chiens / Chenil / Dressage 03.89.68.30.05
Crédit Mutuel (à Bartenheim) 03.89.68.30.23 03.89.68.33.31
Ferme équestre du Koer 03.89.68.29.15  
Gschwind Patrick - Peintre Décorateur 03.89.68.21.62

Sierentz County - the villages